× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

new device trust issue solved

khairka9
Follower

new device trust issue solved

I've moved phone from a Pixel 6 to poxel 9 pro xl. in the process of migration, I realized that I needed to install the Orbi app on my phone for my RBR960 and satellite. Everytime I'd login to the orbi app, the app would flash up "this device is not trusted, and within a second, put me at the 'you cannot login' (sic). even though the 'this device is not trusted and there is a countdown timer on the screen for 60 seconds, I get shunted to the 'you cannot login' page' (default browser was chrome, but also changed default to firefox and same issue)

what I should have been looking at was the bottom of the screen. There are two buttons there, one that is white with blue border, another solid blue... I don't even know what the labels are, but once I realized that one of those buttons may be 'verify device', I punched the white button once I was able to log in. You have to be quick and hit that button or you'll need to go through the verification workflow again.

After the second try, I mashed the button on top, and it asked me if I wanted to verify the device. Send an email with a code to the address you signed up netgear with, and enter the six digit code... et voila, I have now trusted my new phone.

a 5 second delay from the netgear devs (because they have a 60 sec countdown already) wouldn't go amiss before it immediately re-directs you to "cannot login"

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series