× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6230 doesn't recognize all of the WiFi networks available

rid88
Follower

r6230 doesn't recognize all of the WiFi networks available

For the past 2 years, I've been able to access my 2 WiFi networks from my internet provider. One is a regular network WiFi connection and the other is a 5G connection. The regular connection wasn't the fastest or the best, but I could receive this connection all over the house and even to the security cameras outside my house. The 5G connection has the speed for a better picture, except it's limited in range. About a week ago, my router stopped recognizing/showing the regular WiFi network connection, and now only shows the 5G. I've checked with my provider and they say that both WiFi networks are working. I've logged into my router page via the web and both the regular & the 5G WiFi networks are listed, but it isn't listed on the WiFi page of any of my devices. Does anyone know what's going on? Has anyone run into an issue like this?

Message 1 of 2

Re: r6230 doesn't recognize all of the WiFi networks available

@rid88 wrote:

For the past 2 years, I've been able to access my 2 WiFi networks from my internet provider.

I do not understand. Internet providers don't usually deliver Wi-Fi to customers. They deliver an Internet connection to a router that then provides the Wifi.

In your case, it would usually be the R6230 that gives you Wi-Fi.

I've logged into my router page via the web and both the regular & the 5G WiFi networks are listed, but it isn't listed on the WiFi page of any of my devices. Does anyone know what's going on? Has anyone run into an issue like this?

The router will show the Wi-Fi that it delivers, not something from the ISP.

What firmware version do you have on your R6230?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7