× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Drive not configured after reboot

ristin
Aspirant

Drive not configured after reboot

I've had my Stora for over a year and it has performed perfectly. It has two matched 1TB Seagate ST31000528AS hardrives. Firmware was 2.5.1 It's plugged into a UPS and I rarely shut it it down. Yesterday our Internet was down and it appeared to be a problem with either the router or modem, which share the same UPS as the Stora. My wife called wanting to know if she could power cycle the UPS to reboot the modem & router. I walked her through powering down the Stora properly and she waited until it was completely shut down before cycling the UPS. After everything was up and connected, she restarted the Stora and went about her day. I got home many hours later and found a solid orange LED on drive 1. When I checked the disk status, the display showed RAID 1, with the 1st drive as non-configured. I saw an upgrade was available so I updated to firmware 2.5.3.2, then rebooted the Stora. The number one drive still showed an orange LED and the disk status was the same. My options were FORMAT and CONFIGURE (i think) so I choose the later and 4 hours later, the RAID was rebuilt with two greens.
So, what happened? Why did that disk get removed from the RAID? Could it happen to both drives at the same time? If so, would my data be lost?
Message 1 of 3
ristin
Aspirant

Re: Drive not configured after reboot

Update: Everything has been fine until this morning. Got an email from the Stora: "Stora RAID Drive Failure" A failure was deteced on your Stora RAID Array.
Got this at work, so I can't investigate for another 10 hours.
Message 2 of 3
ristin
Aspirant

Re: Drive not configured after reboot

OK, last time drive 2 came up as unconfigured. This time drive 1 is unconfigured. So, do I have drive problems or Stora problems?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7