× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Family Folders no longer available after 2.5 update

Arakad
Aspirant

Family Folders no longer available after 2.5 update

Hi,

I was about to add an additional 1TB drive to my stora but the advice recommended updating to the lastest firmware.

I updated to version 2.3.3 then I had to update again to 2.5.3, now however I cannot get to anymore of my music of video folders via the family library on my laptop OR Samsung Smart TV. The files are there if I login to the Stora though.

The top level Family Library folder is "Shared via DMA" and I have unshare and reshared this to no avail.

HELP!

...very frsutrated as I no cannot put my new drive in OR watch any music or videos.
Message 1 of 4
hellfire666
Initiate

Re: Family Folders no longer available after 2.5 update

Arakad wrote:
Hi,

I was about to add an additional 1TB drive to my stora but the advice recommended updating to the lastest firmware.

I updated to version 2.3.3 then I had to update again to 2.5.3, now however I cannot get to anymore of my music of video folders via the family library on my laptop OR Samsung Smart TV. The files are there if I login to the Stora though.

The top level Family Library folder is "Shared via DMA" and I have unshare and reshared this to no avail.

HELP!

...very frsutrated as I no cannot put my new drive in OR watch any music or videos.

I experienced the exact thing, my solution was usb backup of around 960gb, format the stora, running the diagnostic and repair update, reset of the stora and now i´m transferring all the data back since i can´t find a nas that seems to fit me. Try to start with this.

http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/

Then someone will probably come along and help you so don´t panic like i did.
Message 2 of 4
Arakad
Aspirant

Ok its fixed now.

It seems that when the firmware is loaded the Stora has to re-index the files. I noticed it was clicking away so decided to leave it for a few hours as I had a full 1TB of data.

Hey Presto. 2 Hours later both the Family Music and Movies folder was available once more on both the laptop and TV.

Be nice if in any of the documentation it gave you the heads up on this!

Thanks for you help though guys.
Message 3 of 4
hellfire666
Initiate

Arakad wrote:
Ok its fixed now.

It seems that when the firmware is loaded the Stora has to re-index the files. I noticed it was clicking away so decided to leave it for a few hours as I had a full 1TB of data.

Hey Presto. 2 Hours later both the Family Music and Movies folder was available once more on both the laptop and TV.

Be nice if in any of the documentation it gave you the heads up on this!

Thanks for you help though guys.

Perfect! I hate my stora but i´ll keep using it til next time it fails 😄
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7