× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora Premium pack featuring MySync - for LIFE!

rsinj
Guide

Re: Stora Premium pack featuring MySync - for LIFE!

robyb wrote:
Well we certainly want to hear discussions about this one, and since you can't post in the Announcement, lets discuss it here!

If you haven't spotted the announcement yet, check it out! http://forum1.netgear.com/announcement.php?a=9

Cheers,
Roby!

Roby, obviously everyone is extremely happy about this. Can I make one suggestion going forward for Netgear/Axentra to consider?

Since the fee for the subscription is now a one time $9.99, might you simply increase the price of the Stora by $10 to include it and then there won't be all of this negative scentiment out there when people discover that there is another fee which they were unaware of?

I think that you could even turn it to your advantage - updating the product description to state all of these wonderful premium features included for free. You could then remove the Subscription entry in Preferences, not have to deal with fees to PayPal for processing the payment or questions and negative feedback from irrate customers, etc.

It's just a thought.
Message 26 of 70
tofo17
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
For those of you which are unable to connect with MySync, please click on Start -> Run -> %temp% and email the AxentraLog.txt to support@axentra.com .

Also disable are your firewalls (at least temporarily) to see if they are the reason MySync can't reach your Stora.

Cheers,
Roby!

I had this problem but a reboot seemed to fix things (for the PC, not the Stora).

I'm trying to confirm but Desktop Mirror backups seemed to fail once MySync was installed. I've disabled MySync, rebooted the Stora and they are working again. Once it's finished I will re-enable MySync and try again.

Is there any more detailed information about MySync? Should I be able to add/delete/modify files/folders from any of the devices and see that ripple through on all devices?
Message 27 of 70

Great idea, congratulations !!

saluti
m.
Message 28 of 70
PerKristian
Aspirant

This is the type of functionality I've been longing for as I have several computers/devices where I'd like files to be in sync. Great!

I was testing the functionality this weekend and found that when I was syncing between my Macs (running OSX 10.7) and PCs (running Windows 7) the .DS_Store-files created in the Mac-environment where visible in the windows file structure. I hope that there is found some solution so that these files are not transported to a windows machine.

Secondly I would have liked to select my own location for the syncronisation folder as what is possible in Dropbox.

If I se after a period of testing that the new functionality is working as expected I'm planning to close down my 2GB Dropbox account for this 1TB solution:)

PerK
Message 29 of 70
vega_ska
Aspirant

U need to update the webpage: http://www.netgear.com/stora It still says thats yearly susbcription... Its too litle too late for me, my stora died 3 weeks ago! I havent used it since it keept loosing a harddrive and loosing the JBOD, i tought it was the drives failing... But! ive been using the same drives in a windows 7 file server pc with tversity with no problems! ZERO! So i guess its the stora who is failing... This product has been fail after fail even after netgear was kind enough to change the NAND chips on my stora (with no charge except for shipping costs)... too bad it failed again 😞
Message 30 of 70
Riky
Aspirant

Great 😄
😄
Message 31 of 70
scottie
Novice

A very welcome development. I'm setting up MySync now.

There's a bug in the folder naming on a sync'ed PC - it failed to revert from the temporary name to the one I gave it. Not sure how to resolve beyond copying and pasting contents to a similarly named folder.

Strange behaviour with nested folder permissions.

This is v1.0, so I'm willing to cut them some slack and be patient for advanced functions. being able to select where the sync folder lives would be nice. I'd like to put it in a TrueCrypt partition with "My Documents", but it seems it can only live on the Desktop.

Will now also get a USB drive for the backup function. That's nice to have.
Message 32 of 70
scottie
Novice

I've now installed MySync on two additional PC's and neither of them has synced with the Stora correctly. Some directories remain named with their temporary names: .unison.NAME.CODE.unison.tmp

Also, I don't seem to be able to modify or create files on the laast 2 PC's. e.g. if i rename a file it gets overwritten by the stora at next sync.
:confused:
Message 33 of 70
gschnei10
Aspirant

Dear admin!
Since I joined the premeum pack and I started the backup my Stora dont stop anymore to do something on the harddisk.
I tried to cancel the backup job, but no success.

What to do to stop this damn thing?

Best regards from Vienna
Merry christmas
Gerald
Message 34 of 70
scottie
Novice

Wondering if there is any documentation for MySync? I am finding if I add files using computer A they get synced to computer B. If I delete one of those files using B it succsessfully syncs the deletion with the Stora, but on next sync with A, A rewrites the file back onto the stora.

Perhaps this is the intended behaviour? Impossible to know when there is hard any info available (or have I missed a link posted here?)
Message 35 of 70
ehran
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Well we certainly want to hear discussions about this one, and since you can't post in the Announcement, lets discuss it here!

If you haven't spotted the announcement yet, check it out! http://forum1.netgear.com/announcement.php?a=9

Cheers,
Roby!

Is this still valid ? I get a permission denied on the link above....

Cheers
Ehran
Message 36 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

ehran wrote:
Is this still valid ? I get a permission denied on the link above....

Cheers
Ehran

Works for me. When you go to the Stora forum, you don't see the announcement at the top?

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 37 of 70
Skydiver
Novice

robyb wrote:
Works for me. When you go to the Stora forum, you don't see the announcement at the top?

Cheers,
Roby!

Hi,
just want to say that i`ve seen the announcement in the past, now it has dissapeared for me too. 🙂
Is it only visible for mods and admins ?
The link is not dead, but there are no rights for normal users to access it.
Message 38 of 70
flopp
Aspirant

Is there any way to change MySync so the sync folder to somewhere less obtrusive than the desktop? Are you planning on releasing a version allowing you to set the folders by yourself?
Message 39 of 70
moduloestudio
Novice

I need change MySync so the sync folder to somewhere less obtrusive than the desktop, can you help me?
Message 40 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

The MySync folder location can't be changed at this time.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 41 of 70
moduloestudio
Novice

robyb wrote:
The MySync folder location can't be changed at this time.

Cheers,
Roby!

hopefully soon be done, is a nuisance not being able to do so, loses much of its usefulness
Message 42 of 70
harrylohr
Aspirant

I can't read the announcement, what is it all about?
Message 43 of 70
DEVILoper
Novice

Dear Support and all,

Need your help.

Issue: Stora unable to get IP, re-flash or boot after update after 1 year of successful work.

Sequence of events (approx 20-25 Jan-2012):
0. Update Stora firmware to the latest version vie Web interface.
1. Got Premier account in order to get full features of Stora.
2. Installed iPhone Apps from hypserv. This app was working fine and I was able to browse Stora from outside.
3. On the Web interface in Settings Stora offers me a new update due to Premier account (I thought). Installed.
4. When back home DLNA server was working perfect with PS3 and iPhone and I was able to watch movie, listen music etc.
5. Next day I was not able to connect to Stora from outside nether via web nor from iPhone App.
6. When back home I've find that DNLS/UPnP server stopped (PS3 and iPhone cant see it) but FTP server is working fine.
7. I've rebooted Stora - nothing helped.
8. Tried Hards reset as per this Forum - no success.
9. FTP protocol dead - unable to see anything on Stora. When booting Stora the following LED's are blinking: POWER - blinks twice every second HDD1 - Green. HDD2 - off (no HDD2 installed).
10. Tried to re-flash the Stora via Web as per forum recommendation but after all steps done the following happens:
HDDLED1 and HDDLED2 blinks orange in turns - meaning that Stora is downloading the software... But is stays that way for 3.5 days... After that I've turned it off.
When booting Stora the following LED's are blinking: POWER - blinks twice every second HDD1 - Green. HDD2 - off (no HDD2 installed).

Please assist.
Regards, Dmitry.
Message 44 of 70
hoppo1
Tutor

Can the ports mysync uses be changed? I have Server using 80 and 443 being forwarded by my router already. I would like to have this working internally only so not to fussed about external access but it seems even on the local lan I need to go out via mystora.com for it to sync (although I see it uses SSH).

cheers.
Message 45 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

hoppo1 wrote:
Can the ports mysync uses be changed? I have Server using 80 and 443 being forwarded by my router already. I would like to have this working internally only so not to fussed about external access but it seems even on the local lan I need to go out via mystora.com for it to sync (although I see it uses SSH).

cheers.

Sorry, the ports can't be changed.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 46 of 70
hoppo1
Tutor

Sorry, the ports can't be changed.

Hmmm a tweak under the hood called for me thinks 🙂
Message 47 of 70
TerryJColes
Luminary

robyb wrote:

I'm not sure when this happened, but if I click on the above link, originally given in the first post of this thread, I get a message that starts off with:
TerryJColes, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons

I'm wasn't sure where to ask this question, so I'm asking it here.

Why is this? I'm sure I was able to read the announcement when it first came out. I am logged in when I try to read it.
Message 48 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

TerryJColes wrote:
I'm not sure when this happened, but if I click on the above link, originally given in the first post of this thread, I get a message that starts off with:
TerryJColes, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons

I'm wasn't sure where to ask this question, so I'm asking it here.

Why is this? I'm sure I was able to read the announcement when it first came out. I am logged in when I try to read it.

I don't know, I think it was removed (wasn't me!).

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 49 of 70
othar
Aspirant

MySync installer has a bug!!!
It creates MySync in %userprofile%\Desktop
But if you run Windows XP in other then English version this folder's name is different. So installer creates a folder in your profile and MySync folder will not appear on system Desktop.

This a BIG BUG!!!

Advanced users are able to solve it with reg edit, but this is not a solution.
Message 50 of 70
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7