× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6100 dropouts!

Upnorth
Follower

A6100 dropouts!

I have a 5G wireless broadband, and the adapter keeps loosing the internet connection. Very annoying, and often hard to regain connection. It seems to remain on the network, but with no internet. I know its the adapter, because i can switch back to my internal wifi-card, and the connection reassumes. I have a theory that it might happen mostly when im doing heavy internet tasks, like downloading larger files or streaming from netflix, but i cant say im certain about that. 

Latest drivers. Running windows 10. Doesnt matter what USB port i use, it happens either way. 

Does anyone have a proper theory on this? Is the adapter simply broken?

Thank you!

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6100 dropouts!

Hi Upnorth,

Uninstall the drive and reinstall it using the standalone driver. Observe the connection and report back if same.

Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Upnorth,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 7
OhioRed64
Aspirant

I am also having this issue on multiple PC running windows 10 build 14393.5 which is the latest build. running non-standalone 1.0.0.32 driver and genie.

I will uninstall the the full version and install the standalone version to see what happens.

Bob

Message 4 of 7
OhioRed64
Aspirant

After uninstalling the full A6100 1.0.0.32  and installing the A6100 1.0.0.32 standalone drivers and started an Acronis partion backup, the A6100 dropped off after a minute or two!

Bob

Message 5 of 7
NJDoug
Guide

This is a known problum that Netgear can not figure out .it is the same driver as the A6210.... There driver is an Old one before the windows updates .....They have NOT made a new driver AT ALL for this device.  .... I have been going around and around for 2 months with the Level  2 suport on this .... And JameGL all the fix's you ty to have customers do will not solve this issue.... Netgear needs to update the driver as a company like Alpha has that runs the same same chipset ....

Message 6 of 7
tomgt8
Aspirant

I'm having this issue too, and it's getting a little old.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7