× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6100 using CPU to 100% on Win7

the_dreamer
Follower

A6100 using CPU to 100% on Win7

I bought this adapter last week at Walmart to install in an older computer (previous adapter broke during transportation). After installing, the CPU is always busy. The performance graphic shows CPU at 100%, and the task manager shows the process A6100.exe jumping to the top of CPU usage constantly. The computer was extremely un-usable. My computer has Windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. 2GB RAM.

I did a search and found comments (from last year) in Amazon about the driver having a bug and trying to find an update once per second. NetGear took information but there doesn't seem to be resolution to the problem. There are several other comments with similar issue.

I ejected and removed the adapter from my computer, but the driver kept running and taking most of the CPU time. I restarted and the driver still ran and kept taking most of the CPU time. So finally I uninstalled the software and my computer went back to being normal and responsive.

Has there been an update to address this specific problem?:confused:

Message 1 of 2
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6100 using CPU to 100% on Win7

Hi @the_dreamer,

Welcome to Commnunity!

When you installed the driver, was it the standalone driver or the driver with the genie utility?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7