× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6210 Adapter Not Recognizing USB 3.0

MasterGunz67
Novice

A6210 Adapter Not Recognizing USB 3.0

I've had this adapter for about two months, and while it is still working, it no longer recognizes the USB 3.0 ports that it's plugged into. I've tried multiple ports and re-installing the wireless drivers. Whenever I start up it tells me to plug it into a USB 3.0 port. Is this something anyone else has encountered? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 9
dug_less
Tutor

MasterGunz67 wrote:
I've had this adapter for about two months, and while it is still working, it no longer recognizes the USB 3.0 ports that it's plugged into. I've tried multiple ports and re-installing the wireless drivers. Whenever I start up it tells me to plug it into a USB 3.0 port. Is this something anyone else has encountered? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Please look here
Message 2 of 9
MasterGunz67
Novice

dug_less wrote:
Please look here

Thank you for the reply. I'm assuming you meant to link something?
Message 3 of 9
dug_less
Tutor

MasterGunz67 wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I'm assuming you meant to link something?

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=94673
Message 4 of 9
MasterGunz67
Novice

Ah, thank you!
Message 5 of 9
xDredgex
Novice

Weird twist of the plot here:
I did a complete reinstall of my OS (it was about time), used the MediaTek drivers provided in another thread in this forum, still received the USB 3.0 message. I took a step back and installed the NETGEAR-specific 1.0.0.25 drivers over the MediaTek (seeing if maybe cycling up would possibly remedy the situation) never once removing the device. No message. I rebooted multiple times, unplugged and reinserted the adapter numerous times, still, no message.
This may not be a typical result and unknown factors in my configurations caused this break in the clouds, but it's still worth endeavoring if you're game.
Message 6 of 9
twodaend
Aspirant

I just bought the A6210 and I am having the same problem. I am using an MSI H87-G43 MB and no matter which USB 3.0 port I try, I receive the same message that this device would perform better if it is used in a USB 3.0 port, which it is. I have other USB 3.0 devices and they recognize the ports just fine.
Message 7 of 9
twodaend
Aspirant

I just tried the suggestion from the post below. I completely removed the Netgear driver and installed the suggested one. I no longer get the message and now USBTree see the adapter as connected to a superspeed port rather than just a highspeed port.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showpost.php?p=492919&postcount=7
Message 8 of 9
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Thanks for this information. This would be a great help to others.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7