× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A6210 Disconnects 20-30 times a day, 3 an every half our sometimes.

Audiosnake
Aspirant

A6210 Disconnects 20-30 times a day, 3 an every half our sometimes.

Everything I tried, nothing fixes it. Wifi adaptor shuts itself down and reboots seconds later, sometimes a whole minute.

Windows 10, AMD Hardware. Well Ventalated Good signal.

List of things I have done to try to fix this issue to no success.

Setting changes:

- USB Max Speed changed from USB Auto to USB 3.0

-Channel Mode 5G Only

-Prefer 5G Yes

-Power management - Disabled computer ability to turn product off.

Disabled NetgearUSBSwitch Service. 

Device will shut itself down as often as 20-30 times a day, NOT JOKING!

I have logged a shutdown on the unit as multiple as 6-8 times an hour every other day, and as of making this post it has cut out 4 times.

Anything stated as a possible fix on the netgear forums have not worked. Some changes fixed the issue for an hour maybe but other than that Nothing. Bought the device a year ago and have had No luck, Second one of these to do this since I took the first one back for the same issue. If nothing is done Netgear will not recieve any positive output from me to anyone. I will NOT be buying Netgear producs anymore due to the ineptability of their Equipment in Wifi Adaptors. This model should be RECALLED and Refunded. No excuse to keep a faulty model in stores.

I would like some assistance in fixing this issue, but Everything meantioned online and in forums as fixes do not fix the horror of this wifi adaptor, it is a LEMON of a unit.

-Regards, an Unhappy customer.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Wireless Adapter products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Wireless USB adapter (A6000 and A7000 Series) products. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/bd-p/home-wifi-adapters

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
Audiosnake
Aspirant

Yes I am aware,of this. Anything tried there, hasnt worked

Message 3 of 4
Audiosnake
Aspirant

Okay, So as a LAST hail mary I changed the device properties for the following settings

Channel mode: 5G to 2.4G

Prefer 5G: Off

Roam Tendancy: Moderate

This has fixed most of the disconnects, Though it will still disconnect now and then, but not nearrrrly as often.

To Netgear: I would suggest looking into this model's 5G Hardware/software compatability because this is a massivly common issue and it's outragious you still sell this unit as flawed as it is. This unit can not support speeds you say it does, I have a 25mbps internet speed and 5G ability of this unit is struggling to even work. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7