× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 Can't find adapter

Jacquelines
Follower

AC1200 Can't find adapter

I just bought this adapter after installing Windows 10 64 bit. I download the software of the disk as requested before plugging it in! when i plug it in there is no sound like usual when i plug in a usb device. This adapter is the only way i have access to the internet and for some reason when it tells me to plug in the adapter and press okay, it says it can't find the adapter. No matter which usb i plug it in. the usb ports work for my keyboard and mouse. Any Ideas? 

Also, i just registered my device with Netgear and set my purchase date to september 20, 2018 but for some reason it says it's registered for 2017. I uploaded my receipt as proof so hopefully i get my support since i just bought it yesterday. thanks Netgear :smileymad20180922_021924_Burst01 (1).jpg

Model: A6200|AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Re: AC1200 Can't find adapter

@Jacquelines wrote:

I download the software of the disk as requested before plugging it in!

You might do better to retrieve the latest software from the support pages rather than use anything on a CD.

There is a software, manual and support stuff for the A6200 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> A6200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC1200 Can't find adapter

Hi Jacquelines, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7