× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection issues with FioS G3100

ClearCut
Aspirant

On which router did you disable the 5Ghz? The GS3100 of Verizon's, or the Netgear?

Message 26 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

On the router. Log into the admin portal. By default it should be myfiosgateway.com or 192.168.1.1

Go into connections. Select a device that's connected to the network. Hit device details. Look for bridge. Select 5Ghz and disable it.
Message 27 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

Message 28 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

Message 29 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

Message 30 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

Message 31 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

Message 32 of 41
ClearCut
Aspirant

Thanks, ilike000, for that very easy-to-follow description. I will report here after I apply this for my client. Right now, he is in the hospital. 

Message 33 of 41
nano_matters
Aspirant

I had the same issue as everyone else here - of the solutions listed here disabling the 5Gz band worked best for me. I do notice that the speed of the connection is slower now, but at least it actually works reliably.

Message 34 of 41
jose969
Aspirant

Was there ever a fix for this issue from Netgear? I’m not shutting down a feature that I use. There should be another fix for this.
Message 35 of 41
Diesel496
Aspirant

I am currently using my EX7300 as an Access point. I started having WiFi connectivity issues when I received the Verizon 3100 model router. I am still having issues with the second/replacement router.

I believe it may be an radio frequency (RF) issue. I disconnected my Ethernet cable between the two devices. I also turned off the Netgear extender. The Verizon modem worked fine. I then turned ON the Netgear extender but did not physically connect it to the Verizon router. The Verizon router’s LED begin to flash and it’s SSID did not broadcast to my laptop and Wifi only ipad.

I am able to use the Netgear as the single access point when the Verizon modem SSID does not broadcast and the Netgear is connected to Verizon’s router. I can also access the web via Verizon’s router if I connect an Ethernet cable directly to it’s ethernet port.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 36 of 41
extender_man_12
Aspirant

This issue also affects the EX6110 wireless range extender as well

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 37 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

Yeah the only other solution is to go to your device manager, selecting your adaptor and not allowing 802.11.ac, so manually setting it to 802.11n.  This would make only your device using this adopter to not be on 5Ghz.  

Message 38 of 41
extender_man_12
Aspirant

Well, so the weird part is that I found that other post about the A7000 series and followed those steps to disable 5GHz on my G3100 but the issue still persists even after power cycling the EX6110 after inputting the correct settings. VZW support wanted me to buy their Samsung range extender which I definitely don't want.

Message 39 of 41
ilike0000
Tutor

Try changing your adopter settings to only use 802.11n

Message 40 of 41
Mike-R
Aspirant

I had to same issue with the older verizon routers and I am getting the G3100 next week... However, I recall when I hooked my ac1900 to my verizon router (and turned off the verizon router wifi), I read about hooking it up as a bridge... only a few things to do and it works great BUT I also have to router saying not internet... however, I get great connectivity so the only thing the no internet seems to affect is upgrading the router. If I recall, I had to plug the ethernet into 1-4 and NOT the input. I also had to set it so allow the main router to hand out DHCP and lastly I chose to use a dedicated IP so I can access it with something other than 192.168.1.1 which would confuse the network and make it hard or impossible to access...Not sure if any of this is helpful but you have all made me worried about next week (ha).. anyway, 2.4 and 5g works and I turned off guest network for that person who mention it because that didnt work oddly enough... I am tired, pardon any typos... 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 41 of 41
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7