× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Good advice for A6200 owners

Good_Boy
Follower

Good advice for A6200 owners

Hi

One good advice for those who feel desperate to make Netgear A6200 stick to work at full speed.

First, Netgear A6200 service must be disabled in Control Panel - Administrative Tool - Services. Then Genie software shut down (if Genie is present in your system). And just try to connect to your network through Windows wireless utility.

Alternatively, you can install Negear software, then go to Program Files, Netgear, ..., Drivers folder and copy it in any safe place.

Then uninstall all Netgear software and install extracted drivers through Device Manager.

This way has finally worked for me after long hours of battle. For any OS - 32/64 bit.

Now I really enjoy the stick with Netgear R6300. Strong and stable connection with multiple HD streaming... 😄

Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 2 of 4
Strife2211
Aspirant

There is absolutely ZERO point to tweaking the A6200 to work at "full speed", because some Einstein thought it would be a good idea to bottleneck a 1300 mbps connection with USB2.0 support.

What is 2.0? 480 mbps?

/facepalm

Whyyyyyyyy??????
Message 3 of 4
Mark_K
Tutor

I have heard from Netgear that they are working on a 3.0 USB version and should be out in a couple of months.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series