× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR A6100 Disconnects all the time

Kentiiboyy
Aspirant

NETGEAR A6100 Disconnects all the time

I started getting this problem randomly, i dont know why but i hear the windows usb disconnect sound and i loose connection to internet. I have to take the dongle out of the usb and insert it again to fix it and this happens all the time.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 7

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 7
malindagrace
Initiate

I am having the same problem. The Netgear genie will say I'm connected to my router, but not to the internet. And when it does connect to the internet it's extremely slow. I've been using this thing for two solid weeks with no problem and then today it's shutting off on me constantly.

Message 3 of 7
Kentiiboyy
Aspirant

I found a video on youtube about the A700 adapter having the same issue and how to fix it, its a problem with a service. 

Link to the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhMSdv3-Xs 

I,m thinking there is a service that is running for the A6100 that can be turned of to fix the problem but i have no experience finding stuff like that, so if anyone finds it please tell us 🙂

@malindagrace 

Message 4 of 7

It would help to have a simple description rather than having to sit through an inaudible and confusing video. Some of us can read. These things are usually easy to track down, if you know what you are looking for.

Message 5 of 7
Kentiiboyy
Aspirant

I,m sorry but i,m no good at writing and good at explaining stuff since my native language is not English, but at about 2:40 in the video he shows how he fixed it for the a7000 @michaelkenward

Message 6 of 7

I'm not complaining about your message, but his hopeless video.

He needs to write a simple text description.

• open task manager
  • look for background processes
  • find Realtek RtlService Application

I'll see if I can track down a clearer explanation.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7