× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with the A6200

Ristopowers
Follower

Problem with the A6200

Basically, heres whats happening.

Today I recieved a brand new PC, and myself being an online gamer, I wished to immediately try it out and try and play some games right away.

My previous PC was using the A6200 just fine (my PC is located in my basement) and everything was absolutely fine. Fast forward to my new PC, and it will not work properly. Upon trying to check the device under Devices in settings, it says Driver is unavailble. Would like some suggestions on what to do, please and thank you.

Model: A6200|AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
Chebinski
Novice

Re: Problem with the A6200

New PC? Windows 10?

I spent most of today wrestling with this on a windows 10 pc.

I tried to install A6200-setup-V1.0.0.35 driver from support site, but it would not work - it could not detect it. Uninstalled, reinstalled, old drivers, new drivers, MSI drivers, Made sur eit was USB 2.0 etc... the works... I am a patient, if uninformed man...

I was about to throw the stick out the window and reach for a beer, when I came across the last post on a closed thread - https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/A6200-installed-results/td-p/399145/page/2 which suggested:

1. Click Windows Key or Start Logo
2. type services.msc and hit enter
3. Locate and start WLAN Auto Config service
4. Go to Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center
5. Manage wireless networks.

Thought I'd give it a go...

Completed these steps and then ran another installation of the latest windows 10 driver and the sucker installed and was enabled.

Now a happy man... with a beer.

Hope this helps you to happiness too.

Cheers,

Cheb

I don't love technology, only what it can do for me.

Message 2 of 3
ii311hive
Initiate

Re: Problem with the A6200

I am having the same issue. Only It works for a short while on win 10, then I have unplug then plug in again. I am typing this in hopes that it doesnt cut out on me. Is there any permanant solution or fix for this?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7