× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wnda3100v2 Loses connection to PC

xNyuNyux
Follower

Wnda3100v2 Loses connection to PC

I recently upgraded my pc, and with that came Windows 10. I've had my Netgear Wireless N Adapter for roughly 5 years now, and it has always worked perfectly on Windows 7. Now with Windows 10, there are time where it loses connection. And not loses connection but completely loses connection to the computer. I know this because the icon to show I have wifi will degrade from the Wifi sign, to the Wifi sign with limited connection, to not have anything plugged in at all.

It happens the most when I try to stream, but has happened while gaming, or simply watching a youtube video.

Now the things Is I lose connection in this manner::

Playing Online game.

"Lost Connection Time out in 25 seconds"

Go to check the wifi icon. It's still full

After game disconnects, Check it, still full bars but not connected.

Finally degrades to "Connected with limited Access"

And eventually shows the Nothing is Connected icon(computer with red ethernet).

I then have to unplug the Wireless Adapter and plug it back it. Windows detects it and connects to wireless router and internet.

However, if at any point do I disconnect the adapter before it shows that I have no adapters connected(no source to a router) and plug it back in, windows will not detect it, and the LED light will remain blue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Gaelstorm
Aspirant

I have had exactly the same problem.  My internet provider is BT & this doesn't happen with either my mobile or laptop.

I stream music ti a Sonos system and it's rare that it isn't interripted.  Really aggravating, and I hope someone comes up with a solution otherwise I'm moving on.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please make sure to use the driver for Windows 10.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDA3100v2#searchResults

Message 3 of 6
Gaelstorm
Aspirant

I'd already done that a while ago, with no improvement to the problem.

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gaelstorm,

Please try to install it on a different Windows 10 computer and check if it has the same problem.

Message 5 of 6
Gaelstorm
Aspirant

Don't have another PC available.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements