× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108v4 not working

theoscho
Aspirant

GS108v4 not working

I have replaced a broken switch from a different brand to this netgear. All LED's are blinking but i do not get internet connection on my PC's. Is there anything todo in the installation?

Model: GS108v4|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit unmanaged switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
theoscho
Aspirant

Re: GS108v4 not working

I have detached all cables. Then i have connected each again one by one. The first three everything worked fine. Then the next one cable reproduced the problem. I replaced that cable with a new one out of the box and now all connections are working properly. So the conclusion: sometimes the solution is simple if you know where to look for.

Thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi theoscho,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let's isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a.  How is everything connected?  Kindly post a screenshot or image of your detailed network setup.

b.  Is the GS108v4 connected directly to a router or to a modem-only device?

c. While your PC is connected directly to the GS108v4, are you able to get a valid IP address on the PC?

I look forward to your response.  Also, it seemed that you have already opened an online case with NETGEAR Support.  Kindly wait for the response of the NETGEAR Support expert.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
theoscho
Aspirant

In my workroom is an connection via an homeplug in a wall outlet. I use this connection already for a longtime. The switch is connected tot this homeplug with ethernet cable. If the ethernetcable is connected tot he PC directly, everything works fine. The PC connected to the GS108 does not give an valid IP adres. Uptil now i had a switch from another brand and it worked fine in this configuration.

I hope you can help me.

Greetings, Theo

Message 3 of 5
theoscho
Aspirant

I have detached all cables. Then i have connected each again one by one. The first three everything worked fine. Then the next one cable reproduced the problem. I replaced that cable with a new one out of the box and now all connections are working properly. So the conclusion: sometimes the solution is simple if you know where to look for.

Thanks for the support.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi theoscho,

I am glad that you were able to isolate the problem and its all working now.  Good job! 🙂 

Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements