× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Negear ProSafe GS108PE - multiple 802.1q vlan on 1 port

wla
Follower
Follower

Negear ProSafe GS108PE - multiple 802.1q vlan on 1 port

Hi,

I'm searching for little (and cheap) switch for our network. On ports 1 to 3 we'll attach wifi access points with multiple ssid's. Each ssid has it's own vlan. on the other will be pc's in another vlan.

- ports 1-3: vlan 111, 112 and 113
- ports 4-7: vlan 114 (these are all examples).
- port 8 will be the trunk port (as in all vlans will be able to use this port) with the link to the switched network. If trunk isn't available, this port has to accept 111, 112, 113 and 114

Is it possible on this switch turn a port into a trunk port/uplink (and is this possible for multiple ports or only 1)?  If not, is it possible to assign multiple 801.1q based vlans to a port?

With kind regards,

Wla

Model: GS108PEv3|ProSafe Gigabit Plus switch with PoE
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Negear ProSafe GS108PE - multiple 802.1q vlan on 1 port

Hi wla,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

GS108PE is one of our Prosafe Plus switches that supports VLAN. If you do have a VLAN aware router then you may try the steps below:

- Connect your computer to the same network as the switch.

- Double-click the ProSAFE Plus Utility icon. (Install the utility just in case you haven't done it)

- Create VLAN 111, 112, 113 and 114

- Select VLAN > 802.1Q > Advanced > VLAN Membership

- Assign the ports to its corresponding VLAN.

T / Tagged / Trunk is only for VLAN aware devices such as router, access points, switch, VOIP, etc.

U / Untagged / Access ports are only for non-VLAN aware devices such as printers, scanners, computer, etc.

VLAN 111, 112 and 113 (Access points with multiple SSIDs)

Port 1-3 - T or Tagged - PVID 1

Port 8 - T - PVID 1 (Uplink to router)

VLAN 114

Ports 4-7 - U - PVID 114

Just let me know if you have questions.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi wla,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

GS108PE is one of our Prosafe Plus switches that supports VLAN. If you do have a VLAN aware router then you may try the steps below:

- Connect your computer to the same network as the switch.

- Double-click the ProSAFE Plus Utility icon. (Install the utility just in case you haven't done it)

- Create VLAN 111, 112, 113 and 114

- Select VLAN > 802.1Q > Advanced > VLAN Membership

- Assign the ports to its corresponding VLAN.

T / Tagged / Trunk is only for VLAN aware devices such as router, access points, switch, VOIP, etc.

U / Untagged / Access ports are only for non-VLAN aware devices such as printers, scanners, computer, etc.

VLAN 111, 112 and 113 (Access points with multiple SSIDs)

Port 1-3 - T or Tagged - PVID 1

VLAN 114

Ports 4-7 - U - PVID 114

Just let me know if you have questions.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@wla,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements