× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Asterisk app

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Asterisk app

Dear community, I would like to understand in detail what app "Asterisk" could do for me.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any kind of documentation when looking at the apps page on any of my ReadyNAS. There is just a very brief statement "Asterisk is a free open source software". Far from being enough to get me clicking the button "Install" to test it 🙂

So, here are 2 questions I kindly ask the community's input, though:

(1) Is there any info available somewhere to shed a light on the capabilities of this app? A short post with link(s) to relevant resources would be very much appreciated.

(2) Are there any potential pitfalls to think about before installing the app and could the poor guinea pigs, who probably had to suffer from those, share their experiences with the rest of the community to keep the damage as small as possible?

Thanks for all your help in advance and kind regards

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
bedlam1
Prodigy

Re: Asterisk app

This Website may help you @Retired_Member

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
bedlam1
Prodigy

This Website may help you @Retired_Member

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is perfect, @bedlam1. I wonder, why it is so difficult for Netgear to put some meaningful links as background information joined to the icon for the app install.

By the way, beyond accepting your post as a solution, I tried to also to kudo it. But the system is not accepting my click. I'm going to report this right away in a response to my related post in the community feedback realm. You will be notified, because I'm going to mention you there.

Thanks for your input and kind regards 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements