× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gmail oAuth does not work properly

mattbodman
Tutor

Gmail oAuth does not work properly

I've just updated to 6.10.2 which contained an update to the email alert configuration to include support for Gmail oAuth.  When trying to set this up, however, the form will not submit because the SMTP server field is required.  The problem is that the field is also disabled!  So, I am completely stuck.  I've attached a screenshot.

Model: RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220 (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Gmail oAuth does not work properly

@mattbodman

Welcome to the Community!

Using Gmail for your alerts on 6.10.2 should work. Once you have clicked on the Google box a pop-up windows should become available. This is a gmail login prompt that will request for your authorization to send email alerts using the account you logged in.

Once done authorizing, the fields should automatically be populated with google information. Have you checked if a pop up was blocked by your browser?

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
mattbodman
Tutor

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply.  You'll notice by my screenshot that the form is partially populated.  This happened after the oAuth pop-up, so the browser did not block anything.  You can see that the user, password and from fields have been populated, but the SMTP server field is not populated.  The result is the same with both Chrome and Safari.  Regars  

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mattbodman

Hmmn, have you tried clearing the entries and then re-login/re-authenticate your google account? I have a RN528X and I did not see that when I tried logging in my account. It was populated automatically.

Perhaps try clearing your web browser before trying again. If the issue is still there, kindly send the logs thru Google drive.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements