× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS Not on Explorer after Upgrade

aguden_guden_co
Luminary

NAS Not on Explorer after Upgrade

I upgraded my 2 ReadyNAS NV+ boxes and after the upgrade, I see both devices in the right panel of Explorer (W7) under storage but on the left panel under Network they have both disappeared. They were there before the upgrade. On the left side under Computer, the 2 mapped drives (one on each NAS box) are clearly visible but nothing under Network. They were there before. Is this something that just may take time to trickle down through the system or is there a fix? Everything works fine from my 3 PCs on the network to the 2 NAS boxes so this is just an inconvenience, not an urgent need.
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: NAS Not on Explorer after Upgrade

Can you confirm that you can reach the 2 NAS shares by entering \\nasname or \\nasname\sharename in windows explorer?
Message 2 of 6
aguden_guden_co
Luminary

Yes. I can reach the boxes using the \\NAS-01-69-17 or NAS-01-69-17\media on both boxes and both shares on each box.
Message 3 of 6
aguden_guden_co
Luminary

How funny. After I entered the \\NAS-01-69-17, it has appeared in the place it was missing! Guess I have the way to get it back, but woonder why it is missing after the upgrade?
Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Whether the NAS shows up in explorer seems hit-or-miss. Different computers on the same network don't always behave consistently, even if the OS and the network settings all look matched.

If for some reason it doesn't stay "fixed" there is a pretty simple workaround- which is to put suitable shortcuts on the desktop, and use those instead.
Message 5 of 6
aguden_guden_co
Luminary

Thank you. That makes sense. I've had it happen a few times before and I'm thinking it is the upgrade. I appreciate your help and your time. This forum always seems to have a great bunch of people ready to help out.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements