× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 - Unable to sync to Amazon Cloud Drive: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account

Mummbles
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 - Unable to sync to Amazon Cloud Drive: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account

I have been quite happily using the Sync to Amazon Cloud Drive for the past couple of years.

I recently noticed it had stopped syncing, and checking the logs found an error
System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.

Aug 21 01:39:57 STORAGE-2 readynasd[2392]: Failed to issue method call: The name CloudStorage2.AmazonDrive was not provided by any .service files
Aug 21 01:40:06 STORAGE-2 readynasd[2392]: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Aug 21 01:40:06 STORAGE-2 readynasd[2392]: Amazon Cloud Drive service stopped.

I have since removed the authorisation from ACD, but attempting to turn the sync back on does not prompt me to reenter the credentials.

How can I do this?

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 - Unable to sync to Amazon Cloud Drive: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user acco

Can you check if it's any better?

I removed the Amazon Sync details so presumably you'd need to start the sync again from scratch.

Also I noticed that when you updated from 6.1.9 to 6.2.5 back in March 2016 a one-off upgrade of your pre-existing snapshots did not take place/did not complete. I've now forced that upgrade and your system has been automatically pruning some of the old snapshots. This is gradually freeing up some space on your data volume.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13

All Replies
Mummbles
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 104 - Unable to sync to Amazon Cloud Drive: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user acco

Forgot to mention, Model is ReadyNAS 104

Firware is 6.9.3

Also, attemptingto toggle the ACD toggle on seems to do nothing.

Message 2 of 13
Mummbles
Aspirant

Anyone able to help? This issue is making my NAS pretty much useless to me.

Message 3 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mummbles

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried accessing the Admin page using a different browser? You may download the logs and send it to us so we can check.

Also, doing an OS Reinstall might help as well. RN104 OS Reinstall

Regards

Message 4 of 13
Mummbles
Aspirant

Hi Mark,

I have used a number of browsers to attempt to turn this back on, all give the same result.

I have also tried the OS Reinstall with no change in results.

I will send the logs thru to you now

Message 5 of 13
Mummbles
Aspirant

Logs have been sent thru attn to you Marc_v

Message 6 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please go to System > Settings > Support, enable Secure Diagnostic Mode and PM the 5-digit number that you then get.

Message 7 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mummbles

Have you tried doing an OS reinstall on your NAS? OS Reinstall

If you have already and still getting issues with it, kindly follow @mdgm-ntgr's instructions and provide him through PM the 5 digit port code.

There seems to be an issue with the configuration of your Amazon service.

Regards

Message 8 of 13
Mummbles
Aspirant

Secure Diagnostic Mode turned on and PM'd port number to MDGM.

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you check if it's any better?

I removed the Amazon Sync details so presumably you'd need to start the sync again from scratch.

Also I noticed that when you updated from 6.1.9 to 6.2.5 back in March 2016 a one-off upgrade of your pre-existing snapshots did not take place/did not complete. I've now forced that upgrade and your system has been automatically pruning some of the old snapshots. This is gradually freeing up some space on your data volume.

Message 10 of 13
Mummbles
Aspirant

Thanks MDGM,

I was able to re-enter my amazon credentials, configure my settings and it looks as though it might be starting to work.

Will have another look in the morning and see where it is at.

Thanks for fixing the snapshots. How long is the "Smart/Weekly" snapshot setting supposed to retain the snapshots?

Message 11 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Mummbles wrote:

Thanks for fixing the snapshots. How long is the "Smart/Weekly" snapshot setting supposed to retain the snapshots?

Some "SMART" snapshots are retained forever - and that is why I don't use that setting.  https://kb.netgear.com/24478/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Smart-Snapshot-Management

I use Custom snapshots instead - which allows me to set a retention limit.  I take daily snapshots. For most shares I set the retention to 3 months, and also set "only take snapshots when changes".  How much space this takes will depend on how much changes in your storage (file deletions or file modifications).  I find on my system that I end up with about 3% overhead devoted fo snapshots.

Message 12 of 13
Mummbles
Aspirant

Yup, looks like that worked beautifully MDGM!

Thanks for your help

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements