× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo still running!

MacNasMan
Tutor

ReadyNAS Duo still running!

-Hello everyone, I just wanted to say how pleased I am that my old ReadyNAS Duo circa 2010, maybe earlier, can't remember when I bought it, is still running strong! I've had a lot of stuff happen in my life, but other than a few drive replacements, this thing has held my data for so many years, never failed. The only issue is accessing the Front view, only old versions of browsers allow this kind of access. 

This is by far the best piece of hardware I've ever owned!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo still running!

My own Duo is about the same age, and is also still working.  It doesn't have the capacity for my data now, so it is a secondary backup.

(RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe, so you do still need a backup on another device).

@MacNasMan wrote:

The only issue is accessing the Front view, only old versions of browsers allow this kind of access. 

The current version of FireFox will work if you set security.tls.version.min to 1 (browse to about:config and search for the setting).

There's also the mod here:

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

My own Duo is about the same age, and is also still working.  It doesn't have the capacity for my data now, so it is a secondary backup.

(RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe, so you do still need a backup on another device).

@MacNasMan wrote:

The only issue is accessing the Front view, only old versions of browsers allow this kind of access. 

The current version of FireFox will work if you set security.tls.version.min to 1 (browse to about:config and search for the setting).

There's also the mod here:

Message 2 of 3
saudade
Apprentice

Mine is still ticking too.  Got mine around 2009 as I recall.  Took it offline when I got a WD EX4 (much larger capacity).  Brought back online last year as my WD is now EOL to back up the EX4.  Had the usual issues with SSL.  Applied the "fix" and all is well.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements