× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RN524X CPU temperature too high?

jlficken
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RN524X CPU temperature too high?

I have a RN516 at home and we just got a RN524X at work.  My RN516 CPU temp runs 35C at idle while the RN524X is running 55C+ (I have seen 63C a few times).

Is this normal?  I know that the max is 82C but it just seems kind of warm.  All of the drives are 37C-40C from what I have seen.

I have the profile set to "Cool".

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS RN524X CPU temperature too high?

My RN524X is normally powered down during the day, but I just booted it - it came up with showing disk temp of 29C and the CPU temp of 55.  FWIW The fan is set to balanced.

Message 2 of 6
jlficken
Aspirant

Ok.  Right now it is 47C so it just must hotter than my RN516.

Message 3 of 6
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jlficken,

The temperature of the NAS will also affected by the environment where the NAS is located and also the processes that is running on the NAS. 

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Marty_M wrote:

The temperature of the NAS will also affected by the environment where the NAS is located and also the processes that is running on the NAS.  

That is of course true.  Though the RN524x CPU does seem to run hot - it is quite a bit hotter than my RN526x CPU temp, and they are co-located.

Message 5 of 6
jlficken
Aspirant

Yeah first thing this morning when I got into the office it is at 49C with no activity so it must just run kind of hot.  The RN524X is on an open rack in an air conditioned area that is kept at 73F while my RN516 is in a basement that is kept at 75F so it must just be a different in the units since mine is running at 36C right now.

It isn't a huge deal I was just confused as to why it seemed to run so much hotter than mine.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements