× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadynNAS pinout for manually powering up?

BPJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

ReadynNAS pinout for manually powering up?

Readynas 6 with a Flame6 v1.2 board.

Power supply works fine, jumped it and fan powers up. Can't figure the pins on the board to try to force it to start up. Button doesn't work on the front. Pulled it apart and no traces on the boards follow the power button.

Want to try to give it a last shot at manually booting before tossing it. 

Thanks. 

Model: ReadyNAS-600AB|ReadyNAS 600A / 600B
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadynNAS pinout for manually powering up?

@BPJ wrote:

Readynas 6 with a Flame6 v1.2 board.

Power supply works fine, jumped it and fan powers up. Can't figure the pins on the board to try to force it to start up. Button doesn't work on the front. Pulled it apart and no traces on the boards follow the power button.

Not a NAS model I've owned.  If you replaced the PSU (or jury-rigged one), then did you remember to modify the PSU pinout?  You can of course do this in an extension cable.  http://www.readynas.com/download/archive/pdf/ReadyNAS_PSU_pinout.pdf

Message 2 of 8
BPJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bypassing the switch and power outlet on the NAS and have the PS plugged directly into the UPS. Trying to eliminate sources of failure. I think I have an ATX power supply laying around at the office. Will try to grab it and rule out a faulty PS, but this one has less than a few hours on it and can jump pins 15 and 16 and the fans spin. Which "usually" means it's good. 

Message 3 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

If you mean you jumpered the power on pin and the supply ran fine without a load, that's only marginally better than no test at all.  If you jumpered it with the NAS still connected, that's a better test, and the best way to circumvent the button.

If the +5VSB (+5V Standby) voltage is weak, it could cause your symptom, as that's what the power-on button uses.  But the NIC also runs on +5VSB.  So if that works and the button does not, then it's probably somethig else in the power-on circuit.

PSU pin-out modification is not required for a Pro or Ultra 6.

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

PSU pin-out modification is not required for a Pro or Ultra 6.

The first post was labeled as ReadyNAS 600, so I was assuming that was in fact the correct model.

600.jpg

Though I agree that isn't consistent with the flame 1.2 board mentioned in the same post.

Message 5 of 8
BPJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I got a hold of another power supply and it's the culprit, as usual. Sigh, the new one may have 12 hours on it. Figured no way it's the problem. 

Sorry for wasting ya'lls time!

Message 6 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Wow.  Off-topic, but is that 600 yours?  I've been in this game since the original Infrant NV w OS3.x, but the 600 is even earlier.  Had massively heavy Seagate Enterprise 500GB drives in it.  Seemed a huge amount of space at the time. 

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

Wow.  Off-topic, but is that 600 yours? 

No. My first NAS was an NV+ v1.

It does feel a bit strange to look back. My first home PC had a 100 MB disk - at the time I couldn't imagine using all that space. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements