× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update to 6.7.5 failed - Admin page won't load but can access drives

jayedog
Tutor

Update to 6.7.5 failed - Admin page won't load but can access drives

Hi,

I tried to update to 6.7.5 from 6.7.4 but it seems to have failed. My RN204 still boots and I can access the data on my drives but the webui (admin page) refuses to load. I have tried using the usb recovery tool using the 6.7.5 image. I power off the unit, hold the backup button and power on again. The LED eventually says "Netgear USB Recovery", then powers off. I power the unit on again but cannot access the admin page.

My email alerts still seem to be working as well. ie I am still getting these ONLY when I power off the unit.

Can somone please help?

thanks

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 23

Accepted Solutions
jayedog
Tutor

Re: Update to 6.7.5 failed - Admin page won't load but can access drives

raidar can detect it. i used systemctl status apache command and found out there was a missing libphp5.so file that was causing the apache server to not start. I reinstalled that using apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 and now it seems to work.

any idea why it would have stopped working?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 23

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Does https://nas-ip-address/fwbroker respond?

Message 2 of 23
jayedog
Tutor

Yes it does.

should i click remote update?

Message 3 of 23
StephenB
Guru

You could, though it likely will think you are up-to-date.

Perhaps download 6.7.5 (if you don't have it), and unzip it.  Then try re-installing 6.7.5 through this interface.

Message 4 of 23
jayedog
Tutor

Thanks I tried that but i still get the Readynas admin page is offline message. I get the blue coloured bar but it always times out. Anything else I can try?
Message 5 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jayedog,

Can the raidar software utility detect  the NAS on the network? If it does please download the logs from the raidar and provide us a copy. I will send PM on how you could send us the logs.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 23
jayedog
Tutor

raidar can detect it. i used systemctl status apache command and found out there was a missing libphp5.so file that was causing the apache server to not start. I reinstalled that using apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 and now it seems to work.

any idea why it would have stopped working?

Message 7 of 23
StephenB
Guru

There have been some upgrade issues with php lately.

Anyway, I'm glad you have it fixed.

Message 8 of 23
Lisianthos
Aspirant

Hi Marty_M,

I have the same problem as Jayedog on RN102. After the 6.7.5 update i am not able to access the admin page. Tried to re-run the update but no change...

Please can you help?

Thanks,

Konstantinos

Message 9 of 23
StephenB
Guru

Does https://nas-ip-address/fwbroker respond (using the real NAS ip address)?

If so you can try manually installing 6.7.5 through that interface.  Be sure to unzip the image first.

Some posters have found that failed when they tried with 6.7.5, but succeeded with 6.8.0 beta.

Message 10 of 23
Lisianthos
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

I tried both options of fwbroker (remote updated / manual). No luck there.

will try the 6.8.0 and let you know.

Message 11 of 23
Leaker
Aspirant

Reloading 6.7.5 didn't resolve issue. Beta 6.8.0 worked for me as a last resort. Thanks.
Message 12 of 23
jmfrappier
Aspirant

I have the same problem, i was able to get to https://nas-ip-address/fwbroker  and i reinstalled 6.7.5, but after the reboot, no more access.

Admin page says "ReadyNAS admin page is offline".

SSH into the system and the apache2 service is dead. Trying to start it just hangs,

Tried apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 but get an error that it can"t lock the dpkg files.

Model: RN21241D|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay
Message 13 of 23
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps try fwbroker with 6.8.0 beta.

Message 14 of 23
jmfrappier
Aspirant

As i said, i no longer have access to fwbroker or admin. Left it off for about 30min and after that i was able to login.

However iscsi was no longer operationnal. I can access the different shares, but all my iscsi connexions will not connect from my different servers.

I updated to 6.8 Beta this morning, now i'm back to square one. No access whatsoever.

RAIDar showing "system starting up"

Message 15 of 23
jayedog
Tutor

Hi,

I'm back again with the same problem - no access to the front end. I tried to fix my apache2 by completely purging it and reinstalling it. Now I get this message when trying to start the service. I was progressively fixing the syntax errors but now I'm stuck on this one. Any ideas?

root@ReadyNAS:~# service apache2 status
● apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/apache2.service.d
           └─forking.conf
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2017-07-22 03:06:45 AEST; 5s ago
  Process: 14002 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apache2 $OPTIONS -k start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 13885 ExecStartPre=/frontview/bin/fvapps (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jul 22 03:06:44 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: apache2.service: Ignoring invalid environment assignment 'export LANG=C': /etc/apache2/envvars
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS apache2[14002]: [Sat Jul 22 03:06:45.007120 2017] [core:warn] [pid 14002] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOCK_DIR} is not defined
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS apache2[14002]: [Sat Jul 22 03:06:45.007239 2017] [core:warn] [pid 14002] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_PID_FILE} is not defined
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS apache2[14002]: [Sat Jul 22 03:06:45.007298 2017] [core:warn] [pid 14002] AH00111: Config variable ${APACHE_LOG_DIR} is not defined
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS apache2[14002]: apache2: Syntax error on line 222 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 10 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/FSSHARE_data: Syntax error on line 2
of /etc/frontview/apache/Auth.conf: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_privsep.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_privsep.so: undefined symbol: ap_privsep_set_hooks
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: apache2.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: apache2.service: Triggering OnFailure= dependencies.
Jul 22 03:06:45 ReadyNAS systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Message 16 of 23
jmfrappier
Aspirant

Hi Jaydog,

I was able to fix the same issue with an os reinstall from the system itself.

I used the info from this link. https://kb.netgear.com/23454/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-2120-storage-system

Hope it helps you

Message 17 of 23
jayedog
Tutor

Thanks 2nd time lucky, I removed all apache2 files, did os reinstall and it worked.

Message 18 of 23
vikramdabas
Aspirant

Hello all. My 102 model also got in problems after updating to 6.7.5
In not able to use admin panel but i can files from share. My apache is creating problem as many guy posted here. I even tried https://192.168.0.10/fwbroker . But it shows 6001010007 error on opening webpage.
I asked netgear people to help. They suggest osreinstall. I tried that but fail. Still apache problem.

My ssh is also disabled at the time of installing 6.7.5 plz tell me steps to install libphp5 from backend using ssh commands. And how can i access nas from command line. I don't have much experience with linux. But i will try if any one can help me. Plz help me

Http log contain this lib5 missing error:
Jul 30 10:14:53 ReadyNAS apache2[2484]: apache2: Syntax error on line 244 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Message 19 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vikramdabas,

It appears the issue you have described requires assistance from the engineers and/or higher tier who can remote in to the NAS and fix this from the backend. 

Unfortunately, It shows on your records that the support warranty of your product is already expired. You may try contacting support center and avail a support contract. That should allow you to extend the support for your product so they can escalate your issue to L3 or patiently wait for anyone in the community who has the knowledge in the SSH commands and fixing some issues from the backend.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 20 of 23
vikramdabas
Aspirant

Dear marty_m, will you plz give other users chance to reply. I did not see your any reply in the thread, when i posted some request, why you come in between. Here other user also solved their problem who were facing 6.7.5 issues like me. So plz
Message 21 of 23
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@vikramdabas,

I understand, the thread did not get an update from any community members since yesterday or for almost 24 hrs. No problem, we can leave the thread for now and patiently wait for anyone in the community who has the knowledge in the SSH commands and fixing some issues from the backend.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 22 of 23
StephenB
Guru

If you contact support, ask for "per incident" support.  That will be cheaper than a full support contract.

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements