× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 Not Connecting to Internet

Isisunit
Aspirant

A7000 Not Connecting to Internet

I’ve seen several other posts about this but no fixes that have worked for me. I have been using my A7000 with no issues with the Xfinity XB6-A modem/gateway since Nov 2020. I recently got a new XB7-T gateway to be able to increase my speed. The new gateway works for my iPhone 11, iPad Mini (original), Samsung TVs - but not my PC that uses the A7000. And as that is my work machine it’s rather critical.
I have rebooted the computer (running Windows 10), reinstalled the gateway, but to no avail. I had to revert to the original gateway to be able to work today, and would greatly appreciate any assistance!
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A7000 Not Connecting to Internet

Hi @Isisunit

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

A7000 can connect to the network but cannot go online. Does it have a valid IP address? 

Could it ping the router IP address? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 10
Isisunit
Aspirant

It does not get an assigned IP address, nor can I ping from that computer. Also, if I try connecting the PC all my other devices get kicked off the network.
Message 3 of 10

@Isisunit wrote:
It does not get an assigned IP address, nor can I ping from that computer. Also, if I try connecting the PC all my other devices get kicked off the network.

Could it be a Windows thing? Have you running the Network Troubleshooter?

By changing your network infrastructure, you have changed the network as far as Windows is concerned.

In your shoes,  as this is an important work machine I would investigate the use of Powerline Ethernet instead of wifi. That turns the mains circuit into an Eternet network. If the mains circuit is up to it, Powerline is easier to set up and less prone to interference.

Message 4 of 10
Isisunit
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion. The only change was the Xfinity gateway modem. My Windows 10 works just fine on the older modem (XB6-A), which I have reverted to. The office is only one room away from the modem with a single wall between the two - a distance of maybe 10 feet, so I shouldn’t need a booster. I’d switch to an Ethernet cable but the place I just moved to is not hardwired for Ethernet, and I’d prefer not to have to mess with wiring here.
Message 5 of 10

@Isisunit wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. The only change was the Xfinity gateway modem. My Windows 10 works just fine on the older modem (XB6-A)... 

You have changed your network. Windows expects to see the old one. I repeat. Check Windows. 

Message 6 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Isisunit

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information @michaelkenward provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 7 of 10
michaelwhitney
Aspirant

@michaelkenward 

I am having the exact same issue.  I have been all over windows.  I am not sure what exactly to check. I have tried to forget the connection.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  I did try the network trouble shooter.  Those did not work.  Is there something else that should be checked or changed in Windows?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 8 of 10

@michaelwhitney wrote:

I am having the exact same issue. 

Possibly, possibly not.

Without a detailed description of what is happening at your end, what you have tried and what happened, it is impossible to tell you where to look for solutions to whatever problems you may have.

It is usually best to start your own conversation.The paid admins will have moved on to new conversations, especially when the person who started this one has disappeared without answering important questions.

Message 9 of 10
Isisunit
Aspirant

Actually I gave up and reverted back to my old modem/router from Xfinity. I’ll switch to the updated version once I’m back in the office vs remote.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7