× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC 1200 wifiextender model Ex 5000

Andytheman
Follower

AC 1200 wifiextender model Ex 5000

I have an issue with my AC 1200 wi-fi nighthawk extender model 5000. I've been trying for days to reach tech support because it's not showing up as NETGEAR_ext on my list of available networks. Router led on, device led on, power on led on but to get to mywiffI_ext .net or something similar to that, unless NETGEAR_ext shows up as one of 1/2 dozen wifi network connection Wich are all locked except " Orbitplusx" my regular network connection. Boost Mobile is my carrier and network but Cox and "Netgear" show up when power goes out. It says " Netgear network" and I need to put in a password to get back online. Is my extender compatible? It's not on netgear.com list of extenders as compatible. I want to return it but hours of listening to canned music " on hold" when I call tech support is not acceptable. Phone calls " leave a message" emails? Same thing. I had WiFi with my older non NETGEAR booster and it worked great for a few years but recently died. My LG G6 is plenty capable of wifi but I finally got one tech but after a brief talk he interupted me and told me I had to pay $99 and change. I thought free help support for at least 30 days said " complemtary"
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: AC 1200 wifiextender model Ex 5000

@Andytheman wrote:
I thought free help support for at least 30 days said " complemtary"

90 days.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Start here:

MyNETGEAR | Product Registration

Start a case and, with luck, they will contact you.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Home WiFi Adapters and Powerline. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) The EX5000 is a wifi extender.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: AC 1200 wifiextender model Ex 5000

@Andytheman wrote:
I thought free help support for at least 30 days said " complemtary"

90 days.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Start here:

MyNETGEAR | Product Registration

Start a case and, with luck, they will contact you.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Home WiFi Adapters and Powerline. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) The EX5000 is a wifi extender.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7