× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR A6210 is not found?

lukedukeb
Aspirant

NETGEAR A6210 is not found?

I am currently using a windows 10 pc and just this bought this adapter 3 days ago and arrived yesterday. i was setting it up today, so i go ahead and put in the cd and then click setup and it begins the process, untill it says insert your adapter into a usb port. So i go ahead and do that but it keeps saying it cant be found? I am so far very upset with this adapter and would not recommendit. 

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: NETGEAR A6210 is not found?

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Is the USB port known good one? Can you try on another port?

Any light on the dapter when plug it in?

Message 2 of 10
lukedukeb
Aspirant

I have tried 2 diffrent 2.0 ports  and 1 3.0 port and none of them work. i have plugged in numerous devices after to make sure it works and they work fine. I do not have any kind of light on my adapter?

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 3 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Message 4 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi lukedukeb,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 10
drjack
Aspirant

I have a Tivo Roamio connected to an HD antenna in my home office (not connected to cable in the rest of the house).  I've purchased a Netgear A6210 recommended by Best Buy to connect Tivo to my wifi router.  I've run the installation CD, also installed latest drivers from Netgear downloads.  No light on adapter and I keep seeing "Netgear adapter not found."  

I next plugged the new adapter into usb on my computer.  Same result.  I have a different Netgear adapter on that same PC (router is 70' away) and my wifi connection is fine for my PC.  But no joy with the Tivo.  Any suggestions?  Did I get the wrong type of adapter?

Message 6 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi drjack,

The adapter only works with Windows based OS computer. It may not be compatible with your TiVo.

Message 7 of 10
drjack
Aspirant

That's helpful.  Thanks.  So I've now installed it on my computer in place of the small Netgear adapter.  

Is there a Tivo compatible Netgear adapter?

Message 8 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi drjack,

If the TiVo has ethernet port, you may try checking WNCE3001 or WNCE4004.

Message 9 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi drjack,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7