× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC 750 not loading websites

bbrandl
Aspirant

AC 750 not loading websites

I just got an AC 750 range extender and followed all the instructions, my devices show that I have a full connection to the extender, but when I try loading a website it doesn’t do anything. And yes all the lights are green it’s not a matter of location.
Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on your device?

You state that all the lights are green. How many are green? 

How far from the router is the extender? Is usually best to set it up in the same room and then move it elsewhere. Does it work if you try this? 

Have you tried resetting it and starting back over?

What router is it connecting to?

here's the support site with firmware, manuals, installation guides, and troubleshooting. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3110.aspx

Message 2 of 6
bbrandl
Aspirant

I already checked to see if the firmware is up to date and it is.

Every light that is on the device is green (router LED, client LED, power LED, WPS LED).

I set up my extender in the same room as my router.

I reset it and the issue persists.

It's connected to a Netgear Nighthawk, I'm not sure what specific model at this moment.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Saying you have the latest firmware doesn't help if people run into this issue later. Firmware changes.

The Nighthawk model number for the router is important. Some have smart connect or other features that these models of extenders don't work well with. One way to test it, if your model has smart connection or uses a single ssid feature is to disable this feature and re-do your extenders setup with the SSID's seperated out. 

Message 4 of 6
bbrandl
Aspirant

I included the model on this, it's an X4 R7500

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Are you using the wps setup method or going in and doing a manual setup? I'd try the manual setup if possible. 

Otherwise you stated that you just bought the extender, have you tried the free 90 days support? maybe its a bad device and needs to be exchanged. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7