× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1200 or WN3000RP

BeeJayEff
Aspirant

AC1200 or WN3000RP

I have been using a WN3000RP for many years, but now need to extend my network in another direction so have bought an AC1200.  Is there any difference in the range of the two devices ?  The WN3000RP has adjustable aerials - can they be used to "focus" the signal and thereby get a better range (one of them is needed to connect to a pair of outdoors wireless CCTV cameras which are up to 40 metres away from the nearest power socket in the house) ?

Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BeeJayEff - Welcome to the Community! Would you mind telling us the model number of your AC1200 extender (eg. EX6200)?

~Christian 

Message 2 of 6
BeeJayEff
Aspirant

Hi - it's an EX6110.

Message 3 of 6
BeeJayEff
Aspirant

I've just received a half-baked email from you (addressed to ${recipient.login} for example !) suggesting that this topic is closed !  How on earth do you work that out ?

Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

BeeJayEff,

The topic appears open. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

As for your extenders, many factors come into play when talking about how much coverage one device can cover. These factors include number of devices connected, environmental factors, etc. I would recommend having both extenders connected to the router and not each other. While connecting the extender, keep an eye out for the router link LED indicator as solid green states that is the best connection between the extender and the main host (router). 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 6
BeeJayEff
Aspirant

Yes, that is all obvious.  My question is whether either the AC1200 or WN3000RP had a better range than the other.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7