× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 wifi usb adapter

Birungi
Aspirant

AC1200 wifi usb adapter

I have had my AC1200 WiFi USB adapter not even a full month yet, and it worked fine. Some issues of connection along the way but never something a restart couldnt fix. After my 3-day weekend, nothing. Its not showing any indication its turned on, my desktop can't find or connect to it and I've been trying for almost an hour to fix it. Replugging it into different spots, restarting my computer, unplugging the adapter then shutting down my computer turning it back on and replugging the adapter, even restarting in my modem in desperation. Still nothing. I saw some articles that looked helpful but they required the download of something, and I can not access any network on my desktop to download said help. Nor do I have a disk slot. Is there anything that can be done?
Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1200 wifi usb adapter

try uninstalling the driver/software for the device. Unplug it from the pc. 

then reboot the pc and reinstall the drivers. Then plug it back in. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A6150.aspx

Message 2 of 5
Birungi
Aspirant

Not the mini one, the one that looks like a USB storage drive that has a connection dock included with it that I plug into my computer. That's the one I have. Im upset because my computer is acting like the adapter doesn't exist, I don't have wifi access to download the new driver software and I don't have admin permission on my computer because its from work. I'm sorry its so complicated but I have been trying so hard to get ANY KIND of progress. If you have any ideas, please let me know
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

go to netgear.com/support/   type in your actual model number (it'll be on the wireless device)

You'll need to download the drivers/utility and try uninstalling, reinstalling it as I prior described. 

Sorry that all you have is a work computer, maybe try downloading them on a phone and then to a jump/flash driver. Or borrow someone elses device to download them to. 

Message 4 of 5
Birungi
Aspirant

I did try borrowing my aunts usb holder thing, we got the software on to that. But work computer said I couldn't use it because I didn't have admin capabilities
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7