× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access Point to Arris Router

jermlh
Aspirant

Access Point to Arris Router

I have AT&T fiber with a Arris BGW 210-7000 Router. I have been using my EX 7000 Range Extender as an acces point. I went away for a week and when I returned I could no longer get a connection using the range extender. I have tried everyhing but cannot get connection. Any suggestions on how to solve problem? Thanks.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you try to factory reset the extender by holding the reset button for 10+ seconds then setting up the extender again?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi jermlh,

Did you performed network power cycle by rebooting your gateway and EX7000 in sequence?

What error message did you encounter while connecting devices to the extender?

Message 3 of 8
jermlh
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but wa unsuccessful.

Message 4 of 8
jermlh
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried your suggestion but still could not get internet although i had a "connection."

Message 5 of 8
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi jermlh,

Can you check if you bypass the extender which is AP mode and internet works through the same ethernet cord which was providing connection to it?

Message 6 of 8
jermlh
Aspirant

I finally did check the connection and discovered that the ethernet cable under the house had been cut - which was the source of the problem. Should have checked the cable first but stupidly didn't. Thanks so much for suggestion. I have ordered new cable and hopefully that will resolve problem.

Message 7 of 8
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi jermlh,

Hope you changed the cable and it resolved your problem.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7