× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Adding a NIGHTHAWK MESH WIFI 6 SYSTEM to an existing Nighthawk X10 R9000 network

AlexLeo
Follower

Adding a NIGHTHAWK MESH WIFI 6 SYSTEM to an existing Nighthawk X10 R9000 network

I presently have a Nighthawk X10 R9000 and I was looking to see if I can add a Nighthawk Mesh wifi6 (mk62) kit to this network to extend the range around the house. I have upgraded the R9000 to the newest firmware.

Message 1 of 4
toothchatter
Aspirant

Re: Adding a NIGHTHAWK MESH WIFI 6 SYSTEM to an existing Nighthawk X10 R9000 network

Did you ever find an answer to this? I was planning on trying the same.

-B

Message 2 of 4
dudeitsjoey
Initiate

Any word on this? I was looking at trying the same thing. 

Message 3 of 4
feliciabruce4
Initiate

When I tried to do this, adding the mesh in ap mode, Netgear warned to put the mesh network under a different ssid. I could never get the two to connect. I saw a different post stating that if a router connecting to a mesh network in ap would be better than a mesh connecting to a router by ap. This is due to the satellites not being able to connect to each other.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7