× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding mesh satelights to an existing system

RingoDivo
Aspirant

Adding mesh satelights to an existing system

I just purchaed this mesh system that came with one router and 2 satelight extenders. How many additional satelight extenders can I add to this system? Also. I was trying to compare the similar Orbi mesh sysyem to the one I bought, but I found the listed pros and cons differences confusing. Can someone simply explain the the difference between the two? Thank you for your help!
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Adding mesh satelights to an existing system

Which system did you buy and what system are you comparing to? 

I'd generally point to this KB article https://kb.netgear.com/000062035/How-many-satellites-can-you-add-to-an-Orbi-WiFi-System

but the problem is the base models can't support the same. So its tough to tell without more details.

Message 2 of 6
RingoDivo
Aspirant

I bought the Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 System model #AX1800, which came with the router and two mesh satelights.
Message 3 of 6
RingoDivo
Aspirant

The system that I was comparing it too that I saw online is Netgear Orbi RBK13-100CNS Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System.
Message 4 of 6
RingoDivo
Aspirant

...and thank you for the link!
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@RingoDivo wrote:
I bought the Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 System model #AX1800, which came with the router and two mesh satelights.

AX1800 isn't a model, its a speed. 

maybe you mean the MK63 system? 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/nighthawk-mesh/mk63.aspx

Brief comparison?

Both are dual band systems.

RBK13 system is wireless AC1200 system

MK63 is a wireless AX1800 system. 

Both are base model systems for AC and then AX. 

The MK63 system will be faster. I usually don't recommend the dual band systems as I much prefer the speed/stability of the triband systems because of their dedicated backhaul. The only time I'm ok with the dual band systems is when people are using a wired backhaul. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7