× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can Access Point mode in Ex6150 take the signal from router wirelessly or does it have to be wired

mystichead
Initiate

Can Access Point mode in Ex6150 take the signal from router wirelessly or does it have to be wired

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the 2 EX6150 Range Extenders I have can be set up as Access points while connecting to the router via wireless,

maybe even connecting to the router via 5GHz band and distributing to devices at 2.4GHz?

I need to use the Access Point Features to decrease the load on my main router from having 50+ devices (which are wireless) in the building (more when we have guests over). While also somehow supporting the 1 or 2 devices I need to connect wired(the house VOIP and occasionally an old NAS [which is remote accessible])

If it can, please tell me how to do it and to what degree it supports it.

I will be extremely grateful for any guidance in this particular situation

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Can Access Point mode in Ex6150 take the signal from router wirelessly or does it have to be wir

Access Point mode on the EX6150 requires a wired connection back to the router.

Just run the EX6150 in extender mode.  It's not as efficient as Access Point mode, but it'll do exactly what you need.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: Can Access Point mode in Ex6150 take the signal from router wirelessly or does it have to be wir

Access Point mode on the EX6150 requires a wired connection back to the router.

Just run the EX6150 in extender mode.  It's not as efficient as Access Point mode, but it'll do exactly what you need.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7