× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Connect to my N300 Range Extender

tomb2
Aspirant

Can't Connect to my N300 Range Extender

We changed wireless routers and now my WN3000RPv3 range extender router indicator won't light and I can't see the device on my wireless network manager to even get to step one.  It worked fine previously.

Message 1 of 4
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't Connect to my N300 Range Extender

Please try resetting your WN3000RPv3 to factory defaults: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN3000RPV3/WN3000RPv3_UM_2Sep2014.pdf

You can also connect your computer to the WN3000RPv3 via ethernet to complete the setup.

Message 2 of 4
tomb2
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestions and complete manual.  I tried these actions yesterday but tried them again today as specified in the expanded manual.  The router link led won't light at all.  Totally dark, and there is no extender showing on my wifi network manager. 

We had been using a 10 year old wireless Westfall router that worked fine with the extender, but the old router was getting finicky so Verizon sent us a D-link wireless router.  Could there be an interface problem?  Do I need to get a new extender?

Again, thanks so much for your efforts.

Tom

Message 3 of 4
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tomb2,

Can you please confirm the setup: Computer connected via ethernet to the WN3000RP didn't work?
Please disable your computer's internet during the process.

The router link LED off means that there is no connection. Depending on your router, you can also log in and set an access control so that only specific devices are allowed on your network. You can also set a static IP for your extender.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series