× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to internet with my WN3000RP

chipmunk
Aspirant

Can't connect to internet with my WN3000RP

Had to change my router which worked swell with my extender, upgraded to 40 gigas and had to change my router, provided by my CTV provider. Now using an ARRIS- TG862 router, new set up work fine no problems, until a recent power outage. No internet for the area covered by my extender. Cant get to set it up again. Is there a permanent solution for this? Or do I have to start all over again when the power is down?
Chipmunk
Message 1 of 7
WN3000RP
Aspirant

Re: Can't connect to internet with my WN3000RP

Had problems with my WIN3000RP that used to work perfectly with my ARRIS-D9A2 for more than a year. I noticed about a month ago that connection started to intermittently drop.

I upgraded my firmware to the latest version but I still could not get it to work.

I reset it back to factory settings and then re-registered it to my wireless router.

It's been working so far tonight. I hope I also do not have to to go through these again soon.
Message 2 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Power outage could also damaged the unit.

I would try reset the unit and setup again
Message 3 of 7
chipmunk
Aspirant

Tried reset, no deal. Did set up from start, still no show. Now when I connect the WN3000 I get a Netgear_EXT on my laptop. Tried a reset but I still get the Netgear_EXT. States its connected but no internet connection. Is there another way to factory reset my WN3000? I still have my old EXT on my laptop, but no connection. Do I keep up with the reset? Did something wrong?
Message 4 of 7
WN3000RP
Aspirant

Scratch my last update. I'm back to square one. It worked for probably 30 mins.

Then went back to the same problem (no internet connection).

I went tried to reset back to factory settings but still no luck.
Message 5 of 7
chipmunk
Aspirant

Thank you, guys! Hard battle the last few days, but with a lot of reading and SOME patience finally got my extender to work OK! Special thanks to jmizoguchi. And I hope WN3000RP can get his to work too. Excellent place to resolve problems. Marvelous forum.
Chipmunk
Message 6 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You are welcome... 🙂
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation