× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to resetted old Nighthawk EX7000-NAS (AC1900) wifi range extender's mywifiext...

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Can't connect to resetted old Nighthawk EX7000-NAS (AC1900) wifi range extender's mywifiext...

In iPhones (12 mini's iOS v15.4.1 and 6 +'s v12.5.5)' Safari web browser, it fails to find it. In an old 2012 MacBook Pro with macOS Mojave v10.14.6, Firefox v99.0.1 refused to connect due to SSL issue. Couldn't even connect to unsecured www . mywifiext . net (had to remove spaces to post in this forum). I had to use Safari.

I figured out that http://192.168.1.250 worked though on both wifi devices. Why? I even tried with the (new/lat)est firmwares (had to download and upload locally since online upgrades failed to start).

Is it because of the newer softwares that extender can't handle? 😞 Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't connect to resetted old Nighthawk EX7000-NAS (AC1900) wifi range extender's mywifiext...

I've been seeing a lot of issues lately with icloud's relay as well as with its random mac/ip address. 

have you tried disabling those? 

Message 2 of 4
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Can't connect to resetted old Nighthawk EX7000-NAS (AC1900) wifi range extender's mywifiext...

I am talking about during the wifi extender's setup after resetting it back to its default factory settings.

Message 3 of 4
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

This is when connecting to resetted netgear_ext SSID. I also noticed W11 couldn't find this SSID.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7