× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get 2.4g back

bote110
Tutor

Can't get 2.4g back

So I had my AC1200 set to have the 2.4 and 5g operate at the same time on channel 11and wanted to see if I can set the 5g to the AC1200 and to the modem at 2.4g {fast Lane setting} my apple tablet can pick up the 5g but can not connect to the wifi modem and now I'm having trouble getting back to the 2.4g setting that I had in the begging .
I'm using a Arris TG862 modem/wifi from Comcast ,I unplug the AC1200 and even hit the WPS button on both extender and modem and still I only see is the 5g. and still no connection? How can I set it back :confused:
Message 1 of 4
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Re: Can't get 2.4g back

If the 2.4GHz band is being used to communicate with the Arris, then that would normally be unavailable for client use. You should be able to access the ‘6200 using the 5GHz band at the usual admin URL, otherwise you could just factory reset the ‘6200 and run through the setup again (or reload from a backup).
Message 2 of 4
bote110
Tutor

Will sleeping over it , I came to think that too . Why I didn't just hit reset to factory button and start over. Will be doing that later today.
The 2.4GHz band got lost when I tried the Fast lane only the 5GHz was showing. I started to read the manual for the AC1200 and it said to place the AC1200 in the line of sight to the wifi modem for best connection thats the problem that I have because I have my modem in my unfinished basement where all my air ducks and wires are bare . What I do need is to run a cat 6 from my living room to the modem in the basement and use a router upstairs instead of a wifi extender . 😮
thanks Mars Mug
Message 3 of 4
bote110
Tutor

Will a couple of try's going down to the basement I was able to redo everything. Until I can get a cat6 cable and a router into the living room I will be using this until then, then it's off to ebay for sell ! :cool:
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7