× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access admin panel for R6220 router configured as Access Point

zenkus
Follower

Cannot access admin panel for R6220 router configured as Access Point

Hello, I've got a simple home setup with 2 R6220 routers, one as the main router and the other configured as an access point (which is a refurbished device). I'm trying to update firmware on both => no problem on the main router, but whenever I try to login to the admin panel for the AP router, I get redirected to https://www.netgear.com/success/R6220.aspx?sn=xxxxxxxxxx. Of course 'xxxxxxxxxx' is not a valid serial #, so I go through the steps of entering the serial # printed on the device in order to register with netgear, but it leads to the following message:

"We're sorry, but NETGEAR ProSupport for Home Plans are currently unavailable for the product you've indicated. Please select a different product."

So I feel like I'm stuck. I tried hooking the AP router up directly to my computer ethernet via a LAN port, but I just get 404 responses when browsing to 192.168.1.1, or to the address that the AP was configured with while it was on my network.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I can access my AP to update the firmware? Or do I need to reset it and go through AP configuration again?

Thanks.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot access admin panel for R6220 router configured as Access Point

Here's how I'd start. I'd also try multiple broswers or pc/s as sometimes it can be a browser issue. 

1. unplug the routers from each other. 

2. Then try broswing to the routerlogin website on the one you want to update.

3. If that doesn't work, see if the assigned IP address or default works. 

4. worst case, reset it, update it, and reconfigure. Luckily since its in ap mode, there's not much to change on it. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7