× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot see internet although apparently connected to router

iaeon
Aspirant

Cannot see internet although apparently connected to router

My range extender has been getting increasingly flaky in the last day and now cannot see the internet although it thinks it is connected to the router.

I have tried a factory reset a few times to no avail.

I have also tried updating firmware. It goes through the motions and then reports "

This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product." Trying with older version of firmware and making sure I am getting the correct files  always returns the same error.

Trying to navigate to websites just nowhere (resolving host message in browser). The router is online and working when this happend (checked!)

Sometimes connecting to http://www.mywifiext.net is also very slow indeed.

Feel like it is kaput (to use tech jargon) Any thoughts?

Model: WN3100RPv2|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
iaeon
Aspirant

Re: Cannot see internet although apparently connected to router

Further tests revealed that the problem was not the range extender but the router it was connected to. The connection to the router remained apparently stable, and the router itself had an internet connection when connected directly to it, but it was not allowing the range externder access.

So if you find this thread and have a similar problem, do check the router your range extender is connected to.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7