× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Computer not detecting netgear wn1000rp

Susie_k4
Initiate

Computer not detecting netgear wn1000rp

I am trying to set up my range extender on my home computer and it is not being detected. Worked fine on my iPad and iPhone. I have pressed the top button on the unit and the green light blinks but still not finding under WiFi connections.

Model: WN1000RP|WiFi Booster for Mobile
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'm just wanting to clarify.

The device is connected back to router fine? You have that working since you say ipad and iphone work with it. Is this correct?

You're struggling to get your main computer working on it?

From the sounds of it you're hitting the wps button on the device to try to sync the computer to it.  

Have you logged into the extender and setup its ssid and password? If so you don't need to use wps, you can just connect to the broadcast ssid and password.

What firmware is on the extender?

here's your manual. It has information on setting up the ssid and logging into the extender.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN1000RP

Message 2 of 5
Susie_k4
Initiate

I am connected to the _ext (netgear WiFi booster) on my IPad. I tried going to mywifiext.net and it says I am not connected to my extenders WiFi network. 

Also, not able to find the WiFi _ext on my home computer at all. I did follow the manual’s instructions just not able to get far with it.

Message 3 of 5
ram148280
Aspirant

I also Facing Same problem  I searched on many google pages but cant find best and suitable answer

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

What router are you using?

Firmware on router and on extender?

If you go into your router, most have a connected devices page (or similar for non-netgear routers) that will display connected devices. Does your extender show up here? It if does, it should have an ip adderss, use this to try to log into the extender. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7