× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting EX7500 With Telstra modem Arcadyan LH1000 - No internet

Vayacondios
Aspirant

Connecting EX7500 With Telstra modem Arcadyan LH1000 - No internet

Hi 

I have tried for a month to solve this problem, looking at forums etc and I am havong no luck.

When I successfully connect the 7500 to the Telstra modem, the correct lights are blue and all seams working except then I cannot get internet through the extender.

The Arcadyan product is LH1000 with firmware: 0.15.16r

Please advise. The Telstra modem is running with ALL defaults as configured by Telstra and the EX7500 is brand new also factor reset many times and latest SW.

Cheers

Chris

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Connecting EX7500 With Telstra modem Arcadyan LH1000 - No internet

The latest isn't always the greatest. What actual firmware is on the EX7500?

Did you install the EX7500 using the installation assistant? Or are you using the app or WPS?

Message 2 of 5
Vayacondios
Aspirant

Hi 

I have done the full setup again and using the installation assistant (not the App). I also upgraded the firmware to 1.0.1.76_1.0.80.

After completing the setup all seams to be OK so move the extender to anotyher part of the house and reconnect. Again all seams OK. Then the next day the extender has lost connection to the internet but appears to have a strong connection the Telstra router.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

2 things to try. 

1. setup a static ip address in the telstra router for the extender. Maybe its not reassigning an IP address when the lease expires. 

2. try downgrading the firmware on the extender a version or 2. sometimes the latest versions can introduce bugs. 

Message 4 of 5
nielsvds
Luminary

Check if MAC filtering mode isn't enabled. I found this manual : https://www.letsbemates.com.au/mate/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Telstra-Smart-Modem-Gen-2-LH1000-Use...Page 25/55. Try also adding the MAC address of your extender to the whitelist. But I am more thinking about a firmware problem. There seems also to be a booster function, might be reserved for proprietary boosters (extenders) of Telstra (page 47/55). Also when you receive an IP address which isn't in the same subnet you will not get internet access either.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7