× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D300 and IP Cameras

pdes
Guide

D300 and IP Cameras

I have a D7000 Nighthawk Router connected to my QNAP Server.  I use the server as a CCTV dvr.  I can access the IP cameras via DYNDNS so the port forwarding is all set up correctly.

I have just installed a D300 extender and again, have no problems.

My problem is that I want to move one of my ip cameras out of range of the router but within range of the extender.  Can I do this?  I don't see any ability to set up routing in the extender so need to know whether, somehow, I can still connect the ip camera to the server and whether I can still access the camera remotely.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
netwrks
Master

Devices on your range extender get Served IP Addresses from your base station. Have you tried connecting the camera to SSID of the range extender?

Message 2 of 4
pdes
Guide

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't tried yet but that makes sense!  I thought that the extender would issue it's own addresses (don't know why I thought that!!). I didn't want to start chasing my tail without seeing whether it was possible.  I'll give it a go later.

Cheers

Message 3 of 4
pdes
Guide

All working.  Thanks for the assistance.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7