× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700-100PAS Disable WiFi & use CAT 5 jack only?

stevecon
Follower

EX2700-100PAS Disable WiFi & use CAT 5 jack only?

Hi,

I'm looking to use this EX2700-100PAS device to connect an IP camera that only has a CAT 5 cable connection - no WiFi capability.  Since I have plenty of WiFi coverage, can I disable the WiFi extender capabilities of this extender to use only the CAT 5 jack? 

If so, how?

Thanks!

Steve

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: EX2700-100PAS Disable WiFi & use CAT 5 jack only?

Hello steve, 

The router does not support access point mode therefore the WiFi capabilities will need to be left on the extender to use the ethernet port on the extender for a wired device. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7