× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 disables my smart TV's when I plug it into the wall outlet.

Stoney61
Aspirant

EX2700 disables my smart TV's when I plug it into the wall outlet.

WTF am I doing wrong?  My 3 smart TV's loose their functionality as soon as I plug in my wifi extender.  It's like the extender takes over my whole wifi.  The telephone company's router can still connect my pc through my ethernet cable but the extender seems to take over all other wifi.  I'm just trying to get better streaming to my smart tv's because they are located a little far from my wifi router ( that's why I bought the range extender).

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: EX2700 disables my smart TV's when I plug it into the wall outlet.

This could happen if the WIFi clients (the TVs here) are near to the extender while the extender is configured to your other wireless name and password but does not have an uplink connection.

What does the EX2700 primary status page show?

Message 2 of 5
Stoney61
Aspirant

I do not know what an uplink connection is.  I do not know what a primary status page is either.  I am as dumb as they come.  I need a step by step, hand holding guide to tell me what to do.  Ex: step one: unplug any smart TV in the house.  The initial set up of the extender is easy.  When I plug the extender into it's optimal location outlet, my smart tvs loose their ability to connect to say, Netflix.  The extender is wiping out my wifi router's password.

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Connect a computer or mobile to the EX2700 wireless near to the extender, open a Web browser like Chrome or Safari, call http://mywifiext.net/  - following the login (email and password as configured) you will find the extender status page.

@Stoney61 wrote:

When I plug the extender into it's optimal location outlet, my smart tvs loose their ability to connect to say, Netflix.  The extender is wiping out my wifi router's password.

Unlikely wiping anything. At the optimal location, does the extender have a connection to the primary router at all?

Message 4 of 5
Stoney61
Aspirant

Yes, all green, good connectivity.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7