× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 connected but no internet

PeaceLutheran
Aspirant

Re: EX3700 connected but no internet

Hmmm...We just switched to Spectrum and have an ARRIS router. I guess I'll check & see what those folks have to say. Interestingly enough, we have a pair of Ubiquity mesh repeaters and a Ubiquity switch and have no prolems.

@StuO wrote:

:: UPDATE 2 ::

Well, Amazon shipped me a replacement EX7300. After about 45 minutes of installation, including a firmware update, factory reset, 2 power cycles, and trying both One Wifi setting on and off...

"No Internet Connection" for any device that I connect to the extender.

At this point I am pretty confident it is the wifi router provided by Spectrum Cable that is causing the issue.  The wifi router does see the extender and has assigned it its own IP address. 

Message 26 of 33
StuO
Aspirant

Mine is the RAC2VIK wifi router from Charter/Spectrum.

Image result for rac2vik

Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 27 of 33
PeaceLutheran
Aspirant

Well, Whitelisted the MAC of the extender and it disappeared from the list of wifi clients. Still no internet access thru the netgear puppies.

Funny thing, at home I've had two Netgear ADSL modem routers and both were POS, continually losing connections, needing reboots, dropping out in mid data transfers. Pattern?

Message 28 of 33
lgkahn
Aspirant

did you ever find a solution.. i had an ex7700 working.,, spectrum changed something on their end probably new firmware for the tower wifi router.. now it no longer works.. same as you 3 lights on says connected... no internet

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 29 of 33
StuO
Aspirant

I never got it working on my system. The unit connected without a hitch at my brother-in-laws house.  I haven't tried lately. Spectrum wasn't much help in suggesting or getting me a new wifi unit, so I set it all aside for now.

Message 30 of 33
PeaceLutheran
Aspirant

"It's all Spectrum's fault", says Netgear.

"It's all Netgear's fault", say Spectrum.

We do have a special wi-fi service but we don't the public to have access to it, hence the extenders. When I first set them up the on-line app said all was copacetic. Obviously the engineers never actually used the devices.

Message 31 of 33
adrianGarci1105
Aspirant

EX7500

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 32 of 33
lgkahn
Aspirant

Swapped router with another at spectrum now working fine 

Message 33 of 33