× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX3700 extender intermitant signal drop out

igorness
Aspirant

EX3700 extender intermitant signal drop out

So I bought this extender not neccessarilly for coverage but for the security features. I live in an apartment building with common wifi through out. The signal coming from the common router is through outdoor Cisco access points all around the building. My access point is  about 30-40 feet from my front door. I was using an A6200 wireless adapter but like I said, no security. I installed the extender and set passwords and hooked it up through the LAN ethernet port. Worked great with a stronger constant signal. What happens now (and never did with the adapter) is that the signal drops almost exactly every 2 minutes and 10 seconds. It goes off for about 3 seconds, goes to a yellow triangle for 3 seconds, then comes back on and repeats this process over and over. I had a Netgear tech on the phone for an hour and he couldn't figure it out. He said I should return it for another. I'm thinking there's a simple solution either through the online Netgear settings or in the Windows (10) internet controls. The firmware on the unit is up to date. Any takers?

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello igorness

Have you tried to move the extender to another part of your place?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
igorness
Aspirant

It's a very small studio apartment and the extender is right next to my front door literally 30-40 feet away from the outdoor Cisco access point. They have many all over the building that send the signal to us wireless but they're hardwired to the router. Like I said, when I use the A6200 adapter, there's no dropouts. Only when I use the LAN with security on from the extender into my desktop. I've been on the phone, chat and email with Netgear and they have NO idea. I've reinstalled the extender twice using both methods, security on, security off, moving the antennas etc. The extender gives me a decidedly stronger faster signal than with the adapter but the 6-7 second drop out is maddening. I'm getting used to it. Thanks for your reply. 

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7