× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6100

Whyzgi
Aspirant

EX6100

Hello eveyone, I recently purchased this item and set it up just as anextender, but it seems to have trouble staying connected to the main router. If I switch this router in to AP mode will I still be able to use the remaining 4 ethernet ports in the back as a switch. Or would I have to run a wire from a switch to the extender for the AP mode.

The instructions say that when in ap more you can only connect to it through wifi and the other ports become useless, but from what I read on amazon after the firmware is up to date I can use it as a AP and the other 4 as a switch.

I am Just looking for some clerity on the matter.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6100

Hello Whyzgi

To use it in AP mode you would have to connect it via Ethernet and it would take up a port to do so. But if you are having issues with it staying connected via wireless I would suggest trying to adjust the wireless channel on you main router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Whyzgi
Aspirant

Ok I will try adjusting the channel, but my main question is. If I use it in ap mode will the other 4 act as a switch along with the cord that is pluged in for the ap mode?

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello whyzgi

Yes that is correct.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
Whyzgi
Aspirant

I checked over the channels and those seem to be fine. When I tried to put it into the device into ap more, even though it is directly connected to the router, it says it can't fine a connection. I have the Direct link in the first slot.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series