× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6100v2

BethKT
Aspirant

EX6100v2

If I went through the WPS setup and I have a WPS LED green light and that shows up in other weaker locations, then I am properly benefitting from the boost, correct? 

I don't understand purpose of 2ext and 5ext? Please explain? 

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BethKT

They are 2 different wifi signal one is the 2.4ghz band and the other the 5ghz band.

https://kb.netgear.com/29396/What-is-the-difference-between-2-4-GHz-and-5GHz

This Kb might help.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BethKT

They are 2 different wifi signal one is the 2.4ghz band and the other the 5ghz band.

https://kb.netgear.com/29396/What-is-the-difference-between-2-4-GHz-and-5GHz

This Kb might help.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
BethKT
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM, 

Thanks so much for the explanation. I learned that I can't get it to connect to the router provided by my internet provider, Mediacom, because they purposely lock the WPS button on the router to keep anyone from using it. Don't know why they can't unlock long enough for me to do this.. So , I got out the Ethernet cord. The problem here is I can't get any browser to pull up the wifiext.net site to complete the new extender setup. 

I'm working on an Apple Mac as well which I feel somtimes gets blocked when I'm using a non apple product? 

I have made a service call with my internet provider because they are causing part of this problem, but if you have any suggestion for future reference or another link to an article on this, I would be greatly appreciative. This may help in the future if the system goes down for all of the various reasons. 

Thank you very much 

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7